Thursday, March 20, 2014

Things you may not know about me



I love to read blog posts like this on the blogs I follow.  It makes me feel more intimately acquainted with the writer to get a deeper look into who they are.  So here are a few knowledge bits about me:


When I was a kid, I cried every year when Frosty the Snowman melted.  My husband will claim I did it after I grew up too, but I won't own up to that....
 
I am not crazy about pasta.  I would NEVER waste money ordering it at a restaurant (I want meat and sustenance when I eat out!), and when I make it at home for the family, I normally eat something else.

I loved playing softball as a teenager.  I played second base for a team called the Tigerettes.  One time, I made an awesome diving catch that I never came close to replicating. 

As a child, I was fascinated with any body of water that I could swim in.  I learned to swim when I was around 3.  My parents took me to the World's Fair in Knoxville in 1982 (I was 11), and the thing I was most fascinated with was the 15 inches of water that connected two buildings.

I HATE seafood.  This is not a religious belief.  I will eat catfish at one restaurant in town if it is deep- fried and there are no fishy tasting pieces in it.  We do that maybe once every two years, sometimes even less often.  Everything else, YUK! 

I would rather have a non-venomous snake in my house than a mouse or a rat.

When I have a sore throat, I want to drink a soda (even though I have mostly given them up).  Sometimes I give in because the burn makes it feel better.  My children never let me hear the end of it when I do.  Fortunately, I have discovered Kroger's has Zevia, which is a healthier (but not healthy) alternative to traditional soda.  It is sweetened with Stevia.

One of the first things that attracted me to my husband was his hairy chest peeking out of his Coca-Cola uniform (he was a route driver at the time).  I know, TMI!  I don't apologize for my almost 25 year fascination with it (and him) though.

I hate NASCAR, UFC, professional wrestling, professional baseball, and golf.  I can tolerate professional basketball and volleyball.  I LOVE football, but not the drama and junk that accompanies it.

I love the series Monk.  But not all the episodes.  Some we have restricted ourselves from watching.

I love our ClearPlay that bleeps out all cursing and sex from movies.  We still don't rent rated R movies (maybe if it was a good war movie).

I DO NOT play any online games except Words with Friends, which is like Scrabble. I am fairly good, so if you like to play, start a game with me.

I have no rhythm.  If I could choose two skills to have in heaven, I would want to dance and sing a LOT better than I do now.

I have had allergies since I went to Land Between the Lakes in 6th grade.  I sneeze loudly at least 3 times every day.  It's a running joke for those that know me well.  If my kids can tell I am about to sneeze, they stick their fingers in their ears.  They actually warn each other. True story.

I do not like the mall.  I feel spiritually oppressed every time I enter it, so I avoid it.  Once every couple of years, I may go to JCPenney to check out the prices of camisoles and tanks for layering, if I haven't found any at yard sales.

I don't have to spend a lot of money on clothes, and I don't have to be properly "in style."  I like what I like, and I don't care if it's in style or not.

I don't normally wear jewelry.  Every once in a blue moon, I will put on a piece or two that I have had forever, but I don't prefer it.

I do not like to see the toilet plunger in the bathroom.  If I see it, I usually hide it out of sight until someone gets it back out and leaves it out again.


When Jessie (19) was small, I had RK surgery on my eyes, the kind where they actually make cuts with a scalpel.  I had the maximum number of cuts allowed.  I was very near-sighted.  I can still remember waking up in the middle of the night after I had my surgery and actually being able to see without contacts or glasses.

I am the baby of my family.  I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.  My mother-in-law is the baby of her family too.  We both can be rotten at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment