Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday on the Homestead: March 29, 2014

It's a rainy, chilly day here in Tennessee.  I always think that Spring has this built-in radar that makes it nicer during the week and rainy on the weekends.  One of these years I am going to chart it so I have a record of this disheartening reality. 

Jeff is needing to caulk the new greenhouse, but that is difficult to do in the rain!  We have made good progress on it, but we still need to lay weedcover down on the floor, and put 3-4 inches of gravel on top.  We also have to finish closing in some of the last remaining small spots, build whatever shelving we are going to use, and paint it. 

It will be nice next year to be able to use it earlier in the year while it is still cold outside.  Even though it still has open spots, it is already warmer inside of it than the outside temperature.  I have taken some pictures during the renovation, and will include them when it is done and I can give a final finished picture.

We are taking another load of trash off today.  Jessie is determined to clean off the "trash hill" I talked about in a previous blog.   That would be the hill my in-laws used for years to dispose of their trash instead of hauling it off.  There are layers and layers of it.  I wish her luck in conquering it.

While we are in town, we will also be picking up some spark plugs and wires for Jeff to tune up our Nissan.  I am so thankful that he is able to do things like that for us instead of paying someone else to do it.

When we get back, I am determined to start tons of tomato and pepper seeds that I haven't been able to get to this week.  Jeff said if we have too many, we will stick them in the ground somewhere out of the garden even if we only get a small harvest off of them.

We are probably not going to be too productive today other than that because of the rain, and we have a couple of movies to watch, which we don't do too often. 



This is a picture of lattice that we added to one side of the entrance to my garden.  You can't really see it, but there is a new red climbing rose bush that will hopefully flourish up the lattice this summer.  I will post a picture when it does.  It is the only rose bush we currently have.

I hope everyone has a marvelous weekend with friends and family!

Blessings,
Debbie, Home at Serenity Springs


No comments:

Post a Comment