Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday on the Homestead, November 15, 2015

For some reason, it has been hard for me to get back into writing as much as I used to.  Since moving to the country, I have stayed busy, so I can't blame it on being busier than normal.  I guess it is probably just a season of inactive writing.  It certainly isn't because I don't have anything to say, or lack of opinions on things.   That's a big "LOL" to anyone who really knows me! 

We are going to have a relaxed morning at home before jumping in to a little more productiveness.  Jeff has a couple of honey-dos:  tuning up our green Dodge that Jessie is driving, fixing a breezy window up in Amber's room, and shooting guns with Jessie.

Hopefully around 2:30 we will have a little time to listen to the 'Bama game, as we are developing an appreciation for college football this year. 

Jessie has been going deer hunting, but hasn't gotten one yet.  Amber is busy making waffles for breakfast, and Joshua will be working on putting gravel in the cellar.  I have some painting to do, laundry (always) to get off the line, supper to make, and reading to do!

Jeff has some experiments going on in his greenhouse, since this is our first winter to use it.  He actually has some green beans flowering, some pak choi doing REALLY well and it is so yummy, and a volunteer tomato plant still tall and strong, but with no blooms.  We bought a wireless thermometer so we can keep an eye on the temperature in there.  He still has some insulating to do to block some of the drafts we missed this summer, but it is still heating up well during the day.

Next Sunday we are celebrating Amber's 16th birthday.  What?!  My babies are growing up, and it is a bittersweet time.  If I write a post next week, it will be dedicated to her. 

I hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend!

Debbie, Home at Serenity Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment